Friday, January 13, 2012

a burrito-ism

burrito has been saying some really funny things lately and i've neglected to jot them down here before they escape my feeble mind.

so here are two!

friday night was homecoming at our school and we celebrate at a basketball game.  john was asked to lead the prayer before one of the games so he had walked over to get the microphone.  when burrito saw what he was doing he turned to me and asked, "is dad going to sing the national anthem?"  it was so funny to us, especially if you know that john would never volunteer to sing anything!

on sunday afternoon, the boys and i watched beauty and the beast.  i had recorded it on the dvr and thought it would be fun to watch together.  the boys really enjoyed it, and at the end of the movie burrito asked, "can you live in a castle and still worship God?"  puzzled at why he would ask this question i replied, "yes, you can live in a castle and still worship God.  why?"  to which he responded, "i think i would like to live in a castle but He would still be THE king (pointing to heaven as he says this very seriously).  i wouldn't even wear a crown.  but i would like to live in a castle."

it was so super sweet to me to hear him say this so sincerely.  it redeemed an otherwise hard and difficult week.  i love it when Jesus does that!

thank you Jesus for my burrito and his sensitive heart!

1 comment:

Glenys Nellist said...

Jenn- I am a follower of your blog & a Christian writer for children. I have just signed a contract with Zonderkidz, who will publish my children's Bible, written for children aged 4-8 ears old. (My first book!) When the book is published, I wondered if you would like to receive a complimentary copy and review it in your site? If this is something you would be interested in, please contact me via my blog so that I may have the address to which the Bible should be sent. Thank you!