Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our conversations lately...

Last night at bedtime:

Me: Good night, Burrito. May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and give you peace.
Burrito: Mom, when I was a little baby I had 22 firesticks (do you remember what firesticks are?) in my hand and I set Mimi's house on fire.
Me: You set Mimi's house on fire with 22 firesticks?
Burrito: Yes, but it was accidentally. (I didn't even know he knew this word!) And then I called 911.
Me: And then the firemen showed up?
Burrito: Yes, the firemen showed up and I was scared of them but then I wasn't scared of them because they're not scary.
Me: And then what happened?
Burrito: They came in the house and sprayed all the fire out. Callie (the cat) almost caught on fire but she didn't.
Me: That's good. Okay, now go to sleep.
Burrito: Okay Mom, night night.
______________________________

This morning at breakfast:

Burrito: Mom, I want hot lunch. Judge has hot lunch at school everyday. (hot lunch is catered in lunch from different places like Chick-Fil-A that has to be ordered a month ahead)

Me: I know you want hot lunch but I think the reason why Judge has hot lunch everyday is because his mom just had a baby and babies are a lot of work and she probably doesn't have time to make him a lunch everyday so she orders him a hot lunch.

Burrito: Mom, I want a baby sister!
______________________________

Here are some funny pictures of our trip to Mardel's the other day. The boys love to listen to the headphones in the music department and John and I were totally cracking up at them. Noodle was listening to the Chris Tomlin CD Hello Love which has this song called "Jesus Messiah" that we love to sing on the radio. He knows the words well and was singing loudly the words, as he could not hear just how loud he actually was with those headphones on. And Burrito was listening to the latest Third Day CD Revelation and was dancing all around. It was a funny moment but also a sweet one to us because we just love that our boys love to sing to the Lord.

No comments: