Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What Is It Like To Be A Christian?


Burrito brought this home from school the other day and I thought it was cute....I realize it borders on being cheesy...yet I am like that nasty, gooey pumpkin that I refuse to stick my hands into! But Christ did that for me and you on the cross.
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:  Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-- even death on a cross!
Philippians 1:5-8

2 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

it gets even cheesier.

there is actually a fairly long board book called the pumpkin patch parable. we read it with the girls when we carve our pumpkins. each page has an applicable scripture.

it's pretty good stuff, really.

courtney jewett said...

that is pretty cute. cheesy, but cute nonetheless. and i bet titus was so proud of it.