Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Chokes

We are so thankful to the Lord for a healthier winter season so far this year. I don't know if it was because both boys were in preschool last year or if it was just the age/stage we were in, but they were sick every weekend last winter. I am not kidding. And notice I said the weekend. During the week they were fine but come the weekend, when we could actually go out as a family and do something fun, sickness! It was so frustrating.

All that to say, when Noodle had a runny nose this week I was wondering if it was going to progress into something else. I got a little more nervous when he seemed to develop a little cough. It did not end up turning into something but it did produce a quite comical conversation with Noodle.

Driving in the car, I hear Noodle sniff, sniff and then cough.

So I say, "Noodle, are you getting sick? I hear your sniffles and now you're coughing."

And Noodle replies, "Yes, mommy, I fink I need some medicine for my chokes."

Trying to supress my laughter I say, "Noodle it's not your chokes, it's your coughs!"

John and I have been giggling about this the past few days. Our sweet little Noodle, he says the funniest things!

No comments: