Thursday, August 14, 2008

The first day of school...





Doesn't he look just like John David?!??!

Well, we all survived the first day of school. Burrito woke up that morning and said "I don't want to go to school but I have to." A little later I heard him say, "I love Mrs. B. She is so beautiful!"
I guess I have been replaced!

John met us there to walk Burrito into class. He ran right up to Mrs. B and gave her a big hug and never looked back.


Couldn't he have been just a little clingy???

Truthfully, I am glad he did so well with no drama. I am sure that will happen with Noodle.

These are a few things I heard Burrito say about school:

"Mom, everybody had the same shorts on!" I guess he hasn't figured out uniforms yet!
"We got to play on the playground two times and eat lunch in the gym."
"Mrs. B said we had to be quiet during rest time but we didn't have to close our eyes."
"We went to chapel today. It is called going to God's house." I love that!

Noodle and I had an interesting day too. We came home and played outside. Things were so quiet without Burrito around! Then we went to storytime at the library. Noodle cooperated so much better, I think without big brother around. Then it was home for lunch and naptime. Well, at least that's what I thought. I tried putting him down about 30 minutes earlier so that he could get about 1 1/2 hours of rest in before we had to go pick Burrito up at school. Well, 1 1/2 hours later Noodle was still awake and making all kinds of noise. This was the first time ever that he chose not to nap. He is such a good sleeper but maybe not as tired since he hadn't been chasing Burrito around all day.

By the end of the day I was exhausted. We went to meet some friends for dinner and the boys were so sweet with Baby Lincoln. I just had to take this picture...

Which leads up nicely to the conversation the boys and I had in the car today. I've been asking Noodle where is my baby because he is so proud that he is a big boy now that he is potty trained (thank you LORD!). Noodle's answer is always "in your belly!" Then I explain to him that there is not a baby in my belly. (Though I sure wouldn't mind one, sorry John!)

Well today, the question that all parents fear, came out of my precocious 4 year old. "Mom, how do babies get in your belly?"

I've been ready for the answer to this question because inevitably I knew it would come.

"God puts a baby in your belly when he thinks you need a baby." I felt pretty proud of my prepared response.

Burrito then asked, "Why doesn't God think you need a baby right now?"

Ummmm...I was NOT ready for this one.

So I said, "Well, only God knows when you need a baby and so He must not think we need one right now. God is good and knows what is best for us."

It's so easy to say that, why not so easy to believe that???

Burrito's response was "Well, I think God is mean then!"

I then spent the next 5 minutes trying to convince him that God is not mean, that He is good all the time. I am not sure he was convinced, more so because he just wanted to continue to argue, not that he really believed God is mean.

I am thankful to have these conversations about God with my 4 and 2 year old, even if they are exasperating! It is amazing to see how much, even at this tender age, they understand. Thank you Lord for this gift!

2 comments:

Michael Breed said...

Titus looks so old...very cute!!
Michael & Kristi

Julia Frederick said...

what a bright boy T is asking you the hard questions. I am going to give a real technical nursing answer when I get the curious questioning. love your blog sight Tia Josephina. I miss your familia in a major way.