Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Gators

For Burrito's 3rd birthday we (collectively as an extended family as this thing is not cheap) purchased the BEST present ever....

a John Deere Gator.

Seriously, if you are looking for a toy that will provide hours (and I mean hours!) of enjoyment, can stand up to rough and tumble preschool boys, and also comes in quite handy for hauling mom and dad's stuff too, then this is the toy for you. John and I both agree on this. Out of all the things we have bought for our two boys (and we've had it all thanks to garage sales), this is by far the best thing ever!

We liked this Gator first because it is made by Peg Perego and they have a great line of baby/toddler products. Now, I am one of those moms that obsesses (yes, I can admit that) over buying the best for my kids, of course within a reasonable price limit. The product must have great reviews, be reasonable in price and must last a long time or I just won't buy it. I guess that's my business background coming through. I appreciate a good investment. Or maybe it's just the fact that we're income challenged (that sounds better than poor, doesn't it?). So, we knew we wanted a ride-on that met those qualifications at the minimum. We liked the Gator because it has 2 seats, so both boys could enjoy it at the same time (minimizing the squabbles is a good thing). We liked the idea of Burrito being able to haul his "stuff" in the back. And we've hauled sod, dirt, and other yardly items back there too!

So we were so excited to give this to Burrito on his 3rd birthday. And wouldn't you know, it just had to snow outside....in April....on his birthday. Nevertheless, I think it was a hit. At least it was with Burrito. Noodle was a little nervous about Burrito's driving skills, can you tell???

So, a year and a half later, it is still so popular that when John and I saw the John Deere tractor for sale nearby (thanks craigslist!), we had to get it for Noodle (well actually my mom did, thanks Mimi!). It has been so fun to watch the two of them riding around together and they just love it!


And after having the tractor for several months now, Noodle realized last week that he has the skills to drive the big gator as well.

And then check out what the two of them discovered they can do....

Riding halfway on the curb the stretch of our yard. They were laughing hysterically and my "don't do anything to get hurt" mommy instinct wanted to tell them to stop, but I just couldn't. And honestly, they weren't doing anything that was going to harm them or the gator....they are both too tough for that!
So if you have a preschool boy you need to go buy a Peg Perego John Deere Gator now!!! And no, I have not been paid to say that!

No comments: