Thursday, September 4, 2008

More fun....

I really would like to hire a lawn service.

It's not that my husband doesn't do a good job, in fact he does a great job, it's just that lawn work takes away from my time with him. I don't expect that to make much sense to you. It's sounds a little obsessive and maybe over the top. I know it sounds that way, but I assure you it's not. I am an independent person. I can do most things all by myself. I am pretty self-sufficient. If I don't know how to do something, I can probably figure it out. I'm okay with being by myself. My melancholy personality demands it at times. So it's not that I need my husband to be around all the time, it's just that I prefer him to be around at all times.

If you don't know our "story" then you might not know that we spent most of our dating/engagement time in different time zones. He was in Philadelphia and I was here. I tell him that this time apart has traumatized my spirit. :)

Anyways, that was a really long story to introduce and explain to you our little "lawn work" tradition. This tradition was created in part due to my disdain for lawn work and the fact it normally means that I am stuck inside with the boys while John mows outside.

Our tradition is this: the boys think it is hysterical when John pretends to chase them with the lawn mower. John will be mowing along minding his own business pretending not to notice the boys, when suddenly he veers from his mowing path and chases the boys with the lawn mower.

Now don't worry, we are responsible. John does not get too close and I am always watching the boys to make sure they don't get hurt. In fact, if you were to witness this event, you would see me running with the boys, away from the lawn mower. This just makes it all the more hysterical to them.

Fun times with a 4 and 2 year old son! And check out that grass! Way to go hunny!

No comments: