Tuesday, January 19, 2010

please pray

i find myself in an unusual circumstance. i've not been here before and i sure don't like it! it all started this morning. it was a normal morning, not wanting to get out of bed and start the day. i took a shower but when i stepped out i noticed a sharp pain in my lower left abdomen. i didn't think much of it but within minutes i was on the ground in pain.

and the pain got worse and worse. so bad, in fact, that i began vomiting from the intense pain. it became quickly apparent that i needed medical help.

we went to the ER and after getting pain meds via i.v. and a CT scan, it was determined that i have a growth on my ovary.

a baseball sized growth!

the doctor thinks that the growth caused my ovary to twist, becoming cut off from blood and oxygen supply, and this is what caused the intense pain. he explained that you have about a 6 hour window from the onset of symptoms to save the ovary, a window which was just closing at this point.

i was sad. i don't like the idea of not having an ovary. i was sad. i am scared of growths.

so the next step will be an ultrasound tomorrow to determine the state of my ovary, the size of the growth and the necessary surgery will be scheduled. we are not sure if that will take place tomorrow or another day.

i am currently on a high dose of pain meds. 2 every 4 hours and the doctor instructed me to set an alarm so that i would wake throughout the night to take more. i will gladly comply. there are no words to describe the pain i experienced today. no words.

so my friends, i would ask that you pray for me and my family. pray that the doctors we see would have wisdom, that the pain would be controlled with medication, that further tests would be conclusive, that the growth would be benign and that God would provide miraculously for us financially, as i do not currently have medical insurance.

i will keep you updated.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Jenn,
Let me know if I can help you in any way. If you are a Tarrant County resident, which I assume you are, I can help you at JPS to get in with the right people and have a large portion of the costs covered as a Tarrant County taxpayer. The first step is to apply for JPS Connection. Please call me if you are interested. So sorry you're having to go through this. We'll be praying.

John Birbari

Michael Breed said...

Jennifer,

Praying for your health and all the various details of this circumstance. I am so sorry for what you went through today! Kristi and I want to help in any way we can. We love you guys and are praying.

Michael

The End of All Sorrows said...

Sending you my love.

Colored With Memories said...

oh my goodness jennifer. how scary. you are so tiny that i just cannot imagine something of that size growing in you. i will be praying for quick answers and much wisdom for all involved! please keep us posted!

Emily said...

Jenn,

Praying for you. I'm sure it is very scary. Hang in there.

Em