Monday, August 10, 2009

how can it be

that in the blink of an eye we went from

this


to this?


tomorrow is the first day of kindergarten for burrito. tomorrow is the beginning of my letting go of my first born son. am i being melodramatic? i don't think so. for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week someone else will be the primary teacher for burrito. this doesn't seem right. how can it be that at the tender age of 5, it is okay for him to leave my protective care? this is definitely going to be harder for me than for him. he was ready to go to school the next day after meeting his teacher last week. that was not my reaction. i want to cling to him tighter. but it is a good reminder that he is not my own. he is a gift from the Lord to be used for His glory. while i know this to be true, it does not make it any easier for me. i am sad.

1 comment:

Colored With Memories said...

you could always homeschool! ;) not that i would if i had a chance to send mine to that particular school!

i know he'll do well...and i bet there will be plenty of tissues out in the hallway after you drop him off!