Thursday, December 10, 2009

Advent Reading Day 10

advent reading day 10
scripture reading: God makes a way: moses and the red sea, from exodus 14-15*
symbol: the parting of the sea (don't you love my artistic interpretation in this one! ha!)

*we are using the jesus storybook bible by sally lloyd jones for our kid-friendly readings.

_____________________

let me take this opportunity to be real honest on the blog.

these two jokers, seen below

are trying to kill me. it has been one hard week around here. really a hard month. i feel like a terrible mom. they have been so disobedient and do not take a word i say very seriously. it's been horrible. and i'm all out of patience. i vacillate between praying, praying, praying and beating myself up over not having any patience.

then i start evaluating my parenting. am i spending enough time with them? and i don't mean just being together, but being actively engaged with them in games, activities, etc. do they feel loved? am i being consistent in discipline? am i being a good role model? do they see jesus in me?

do you ever have one of those days? or week? or month? i am thankful that in my weakness Christ is made strong. it is in these times i realize just how weak i am and how much i need Him.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Cor. 12:9

1 comment:

Jason and Kyla said...

I have them, friend!! And it is people like you, parents like you where I see Jesus and find encouragement. May God bless you and your sweet boys today.